Bio - http://musichitbox.co.uk/dino-miranda-xiluva
More than a decade ago Dino Miranda performed with his rock band around Maputo, Mozambique. Then he joined Asaga with Mozambican music legend, singer and composer Chico Antonio as a guitarist in late 1997.
Dino Miranda decided to study music, first at the Fuba School of Music in Johannesburg and subsequently Jazz Studies at the University of Cape Town’s renowned College of Music from 2001 to 2004.
Whilst at university, Dino Miranda embarked on a solo project and took to the stages around the Cape Town, playing at the Obz Fest in 2004 and 2006, the Penguin Festival in 2006, the Cape Town Jazzathon Festival, Verão Amarelo Festival in Maputo and the Whisky whale jazz festival at Plettenberg Bay in 2007, the Suidoosterfees TrueLove Jazz Lounge and The Cape Town international Jazz Festival with the Bongani Sotshononda Project 2008.
DINO MIRANDA – AWARDS
• In 2009 Dino Miranda scooped the MMA (Mozambican Music Awards), in the category of Melhor Afro-Jazz (Best Afro-Jazz) as well as the award for best new artist at the Ngoma Moçambique awards with the song “Mae Africa” from his album “Moya Wa Kaya”. The album“Moya Wa Kaya” (winds from home), was Launched at the end of 2008 in South Africa and Mozambique.
• In 2017 Dino Miranda won 2nd place at the International songwriting competition 2016 in the USA/World music category
DINO MIRANDA – COLLABORATIONS
Dino Miranda has contributed to a number of outstanding tracks including Jeff Maluleke “Teka’’ and Max Vidima’s “Mai va rossi’’ which he co-wrote.
He also showcases his vocal and guitar skills on:
• Chris Hinze – Africa Impressions Omuafrica
• Stewart Sukuma’s “Mahuta”,
• Gcobani’s “No Taxi”
• Pj Mussngo feat Dino Miranda’’Kalumba’’
• Grant McLachlan for the music of the TV series “Meet the Jackals’’ – providing both vocals and guitar.
POP FACTS AND HISTORY
• Dino Miranda has travelled to Dubai as the guitarist and backing vocalist of the Cuba Groove Band in 2002 and toured throughout South Africa as a guitarist, backing reggae artists Peter Spencer, Starkey Banton, Prince Malachi and Dawit Menelik Tafari on their return to Africa Tour in 2006.
• Dino also collaborated in the world premiere of “War Chorale”, performed late September 2009 at the Pan African Space Station Festival (www.panafricanspacestation.org.za) at St George’s Cathedral in Cape Town under the direction of South
• African composer and guitarist Bheki Khoza and performed at the Miri International Jazz Festival (MIJF) (with Jeff Maluleke) in Sarawak, Malaysia http://www.mirijazzfestival.com
• Recent work:
• 2014 – Released the EP ”Baby eu te quero’’
• 2015 – Performed at the Awesome Africa festival collab with Napalma and shared the stage with Salif Keita.
• 2015 & 2016 – Performed at the Strab festival
• 2013/15/16 – Finalist for Ngoma Moçambique Award
• 2016 to 2017 – Performed over New Years Eve at the Victoria Falls Carnival in Zimbabwe; a collaboration with Napalma
• 2018-Performed at Harare international festival of arts (Hifa festival 2018/Zol main stage).
• 2018-Released a new album“Xiluva”may 2018 this cd includes guest artists such as: Jimmy Dludlu,Stewart Sukuma and Choppa Margarida
• 21/07/2018-Official CD launch show at Centro cultural Universitario in Maputo/Mozambique.Guests:Stewart sukuma/Jimmy Dludlu and Choppa.The show was produced by Chitarra sound.
• May 2019 – Performed at Strab festival
• 2019-Music producer of the kids TV series Rinu kids.
|uncompressed audio (CD, etc.) or very high quality mp3||Afro Beat, Tropical Pop|
|uncompressed audio (CD, etc.) or very high quality mp3||Chill Out, Lounge|
|uncompressed audio (CD, etc.) or very high quality mp3||Afro Beat, Vocal Pop|